Middle-of-the-night reflections…

March 18, 2010

I haven’t been riding… or writing… much this week due to having the cough/cold/crud yet again. I’ve come to the conclusion that it must be stress-related: I’m simply not getting enough time or good weather in which to ride! That’s it!

Of course today I felt almost a hundred percent whole and functional again, yet now I can’t sleep. This will not help the healing that my body is craving. I’ve been awake since 6:00 a.m. — yesterday — and it’s now almost one a.m. — today (although my body thinks it’s not quite midnight). Ravenously hungry, I’m eating tortellini with peas, butter, and freshly grated parmesan.

I’m probably awake because I fell into bed too early and without my nightly dose of reading. I am traveling with Neil Peart along the healing road in his book, Ghost Rider. Not only are his words recalling to me places I have traveled (albeit before I had a motorcycle), but they are also recalling to me dreams I had when I was a younger person. Dreams that I let inadvertently fade, dreams that got lost in the rush and scramble to simply survive.

My brain is a-buzz with the work that is before me, bringing the old dreams back into focus, and adding them to the new dream, which is to live my motorcycle passion, in both work and for pleasure.

But right now, I really must get some sleep!

1. March 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling under the weather. Here’s to getting a good night’s sleep!

• March 24, 2010 3:42 am

Oh, Stacy, the sleep is hard to come by these days; too much on my brain! I do appreciate the good thoughts, though.

2. March 24, 2010 1:06 am

At least you’ve got a good excuse as to why you haven’t been riding or writing 🙂 I’m just slack cause I don’t have an excuse and I haven’t been doing either lately myself…Oops!
    Hope you feel better soon!!!!

• March 24, 2010 3:44 am

Maria, I’m glad to know people are watching my blog and waiting for more! That’s good to know… I’ll bet you’re not slack… really… 😉

3. March 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Liz, I’m feeling your misery.
    I’ve had the same condition lately – It’s taken weeks to knock it out. Our cold/wet/shitty weather isn’t helping.
    Sleep is the cure, if you can ever get it. (try a little Makers Mark!?)..

Hang in there..

• March 31, 2010 12:53 am

What the heck is Makers Mark, Jimmie? If it’s booze, I don’t partake, but I did try a Temazapam one night. I felt so groggy the next day I felt it wasn’t worth trying again. I’m pretty much over the crud now, but I still get a tiny little tickle in my throat that leads to horrific quantities of coughing! Blech!

I hope you’re going to be well for my visit to the Great Northwest next month! Wish I were going to be “on-bike”, but this is a cart-stuff-home-from-my-parents’-house trip.