Progress Report: Kawi ZX6e

February 4, 2011

Disclaimer: I am not writing this post to invite anyone’s opinions about what I should or should not be checking on my bike, what additives I should be using, what screws to turn or parts to replace… I am merely writing to update those of you who know and care that I am—still—sorely missing my ride.

————

Progress report? As you can judge from the above paragraph, there has been no progress forward, and perhaps some backwards, since I last wrote about my bike. My esteemed boyfriend-slash-mechanic, Tony, has been valiantly spending mucho of his precious weekend time trying to solve whatever ails my bike. He is fully as frustrated as I am. Carbs are clean, tank is clean, fuel filter is pristine.… wtf?

This weekend, while I traipse up to Eureka with a friend and our daughters, he’s got one last system to check out… but mum’s the word for now (because of said disclaimer at start of post).

My poor bike: she is scattered about in bits and pieces throughout the garage. The weather has been unseasonably warm, clear, and dry for three weeks now, and alas, I have not had a bike to ride—until today*. I would venture a bet that as soon as Big Green is up and running again, the rest of winter will descend with a vengeance—and she will sit some more.

This experience has been a lesson in letting go of desire (“desire is the cause of all suffering” —Buddha)… though letting go of the desire to ride is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. Even worse than childbirth—truly! Om mani padme hum…

————
*Stay tuned for photos and stories of our latest acquisition. 😉

1. February 4, 2011 12:15 pm

I understand very well your disclaimer!

I also understand the frustration of sitting out fair weather during a time (winter) in general we don’t have it! So I’ll just sit in the back ground for a bit, watching and listening for the moment in time when the bike is roaring back to life…no spiting ,sputters or drags, and I start to hear shrieks of pleasure coming from your section of the country…you and MissBusa happen to be my 2 favorite blog writers. I do keep my fingers crossed for this next mechanical endeavor to be fruitful for both you and your sanity.

• February 6, 2011 5:15 pm

Marilyn, I know I should not even be thinking about complaining when there are parts of the country that will be in the throes of winter for months to come; I guess it is human nature to want something that cannot be had. And perhaps one of my demons to wrestle with.

Your compliment is so appreciated regarding my blogging (blush…), especially since I consider you a writer/rider revered in both the motorcycle and blogging communities for your exquisite efforts in both photography and words.

Thanks for your good wishes. It sounds, from the garage, like there may be some progress soon… 🙂

2. February 4, 2011 2:40 pm

Good morning Liz,
    I certainly hope that the gallant Tony can get your ride happy again, therefore getting YOU happy.I, as well as Marilyn, understand your frustrations. I too am in the throes of getting a motorcycle functional for an ‘anniversary ride’ this Sunday and the two wheeled gods are fighting me. I will hold good thoughts for you and the green one.

All the best to you,
    Paul

ps..check the electrics…some parts don’t work well when hot or cold…

• February 6, 2011 5:16 pm

Paul, I hope you were able to overcome the gremlins in your garage for your ride today. Thanks also for your good wishes! Ride safe.

3. February 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Good luck getting your big green back on the road. I am interested to see what else you bought! a dual sport perhaps??

• February 11, 2011 9:06 pm

We may be looking at yet another set of carbs for the bike; it’s still not on the road and I’m missing some incredible riding weather.

Regarding the newest bike in the garage, I’ll be posting some “hint” photos soon, in a little contest to see who really knows their bikes! Stay tuned for that! 🙂

4. February 22, 2011 3:18 am

I hope you get her back and running soon! I can smell spring in the air! 🙂 Good Luck!

Trackbacks