Kawasaki Promotes Female Ride Day

April 28, 2011

I just had this come into my Inbox: Kawasaki is offering a $250 rebate (granted, it’s “gift card rebate” but still…) and a KawiGirl jacket for (the first 50 who register online) ladies who purchase a new bike from Kawasaki May 6-8.

Read about it here: Ladies It’s Your Time to Ride!

I’m glad to see at least one of the big bike manufacturers promoting International Female Ride Day by encouraging women to come and shop, so that they can ride. If I had the resources, I’d take myself down to Santa Rosa and pick up a new 2011 Versys and enjoy some super-comfortable long distance adventure touring on it… fit it up with hard bags, a taller windscreen, drop it an inch or so, and away we go!

Kawasaki Versys

Thanks to web-bike-world for this image, and their reviews of the Versys.

Ladies, don’t forget to get on your bikes Friday, May 6… and Just Ride!

1. April 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Ah, the Versys has intrigued me too! Sat on one at the International Motorcycle Show. Hubby and I would like a second bike, but resources are rather tight. I’m hoping to find a really good, but inexpensive used motorcycle this season.

I’m glad a major manufacturer is paying us ladies some attention! Wonder if they need a 50+ spokes woman? LOL

• April 28, 2011 10:10 pm

The Versys is so comfy! I also sat on the bike at the IMS; it’s a little tall, but I’m betting it can be lowered.

It would be great for you both to have your own bikes this year. Keep your eyes pealed on Craigslist; often someone is selling a bike that they know nothing about and they’ll make you a killer offer. Especially if you’re not averse to putting a little elbow grease into shining up a bike that’s been sitting for a couple of years.

And, I hear you about the spokesperson idea; I’ve entertained that myself! 🙂

2. April 28, 2011 6:44 pm

I will do my part and celebrate the occasion with a little “female race action”.

3. April 29, 2011 2:21 am

I’m gonna be on the road. Hopefully I won’t be dodging tornadoes! Let’s ride ladies!

4. versysgirl permalink
    July 29, 2011 1:08 am

Doing a search and picked up your blog… Glad you like the photos of the Versys from WebBikeWorld… The Orange one was mine while the black one was my husband’s. As a reference point for women thinking about a Versys, I’m just under 5’8″ and didn’t need to lower it or go with a lower seat. I’m riding a BWM F800GS these days and it’s taller than the Versys…

• July 29, 2011 5:13 am

Glad you found my blog, versysgirl. Thanks for chiming in; that’s a lovely orange Versys.

We’re the same height; I’ve had two bikes that I could easily flat-foot at a stop, and that’s just what I’m used to. I’m sure if I pick up a Versys in future, I’ll learn its balance points and find my own comfort with it, whether through lowering it or not.

5. August 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi Liz,

I usually don’t do this but if you don’t mind i’ll add your blog to my blogroll at http://www.motorcyclememoir.com to get you more exposure. I like what you are doing and i certainly would like to see more females on the road. Keep up the good work and ride safe.

Cheers,

Chris

• September 14, 2011 3:30 am

Chris,
      I’m quite honored to be invited to your blogroll. This will inspire me to write more, since it has been far too long since I checked in here, and I do have many tales to tell.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to reading your blog.
      Cheers,
      Liz

6. September 15, 2011 8:38 am

Hi Liz,

Glad to see that you’re out and about, I was wondering what happened to you. You blog is added and don’t mention it. My pleasure. Now start telling those tales 🙂