First Ride of 2016

January 27, 2016

The weather and roads cleared enough today for me to get out on the bike, albeit for a short—very short—ride. Still and all, breathing the rain-scrubbed air from atop two wheels was pretty damn fine. I took the bike out of storage and she’s at my house tonight, ready to go should our expected clear skies manifest tomorrow. One never knows this winter…. all I can do is hope for the best.

Here are a few pics as I am ready to roll:

lilred herself

I’m not very good at this selfie thing… 😉

bike from the saddle

I seriously need to look for a new windscreen.

Bonus photo, from a walk on New Year’s Day (because neither of the above photos is particularly satisfying):

waves and cormorants

Big waves offshore at MacKerricher State Park.

Happy New Year, fellow riders (and readers). I hope to see you on the road this year.

Keep the rubber side down!

–LRRL

1. January 27, 2016 1:30 am

Glad you’re on the road, have fun. Riding is riding no matter how short the distance

• January 28, 2016 5:22 am

Paul it’s certainly a promise of rides to come, for sure! Always great to be on two wheels.

2. January 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Happy new year. Love the ocean pic

• January 28, 2016 5:23 am

You too, Chris! Every time I ride out to the Mendocino Headlands, I think of your visit with us. Glad you liked the photo.

3. January 27, 2016 5:20 pm

Happy new year to you as well! The wave photo is a nice reminder of the ocean. Is that an island in the background or was it taken from a point?

• January 28, 2016 5:24 am

Thank you, Richard. That is actually Cape Mendocino, the farthest (arguably) point west on the continent’s west coast. I’ll share some photos from a ride I did up there last summer. Crazy roads!

4. January 27, 2016 8:13 pm

Happy New Year. It is good to get out on that first ride of 2016. May you have many more miles on two wheels this year.

• January 28, 2016 5:30 am

Thanks, and same to you! Looks like you had a nippy but nice ride early in the year. I may be up your way later this summer; I’ll be sure and let you know my plans in the event we can meet up for a ride or a coffee (Allan Bros; my favorite!). Cheers!